Seam Application has a number of good innovations but let's find out if we lose some advantages that we had before. I started application development with JBoss Seam one year ago. With the code base growth I have had more and more problems in workflow development .
I noticed that there are many problems which we have not had before, for example:
- Utility methods calls are not straight and clear now.
- Find all usages IDE has feature became useless because of mass EL calls.
- There is much of the meta programming in such a severe OOP language as Java.
- It is impossible to debug JSF templates
- Seam Exceptions look so unclear.
Programming with Seam has all disadvantages of script languages like PHP or Ruby.
I definitely admit that some features like Conversations and Native AJAX support made a big step forward. There is a lot of information in the net about How cool is seam but I tried to reveal the underside.
Think twice before switching to Seam.